Top Posts & Pages
- now: minimum wage increases @RJR94fm #BeyondTheHeadlines 1 day ago
- @VinAtticus no, we are looking at that as well 1 day ago
- First up: CAPE results - @RJR94fm #BeyondTheHeadlines 1 day ago
- @enr102562 thanks - th*t was actually on the list for this year but didn't get done - hopefully next year 1 day ago
- @SagicorJa so true! 1 day ago
© Dionne Jackson Miller. www.newsandviewsbydjmillerja.wordpress.com 2012.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dionne Jackson Miller and www.newsandviewsbydjmillerja.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Monthly Archives: February 2012
Local government is supposed to be close to the people, really local representation. So why does any discussion about local government elicit a collective yawn? Here are three possible reasons. Feel free to add more. 1. Low keyed campaigning – … Continue reading
So I joined the masses and did the Sigma Run/Walk/Wheelchair 5K Race. Great event, for a fantastic cause and pushing the healthy lifestyle theme as well. My time? Hey I did it for charity!! Who’s watching the stopwatch? Especially … Continue reading
“That reminds me of us being “pothole free by 2003″. I’ll believe it when I see it.” “My comments are not fit for air play…kt” “They full of … Continue reading
1. Seeing this beautiful, young, black teenager in the pages (and on the cover!!) of Seventeen – one of my favourite magazines, but one which featured mostly white girls. In an era in which I was searching for black, female … Continue reading
1. Enjoy the job. It was always seemed to me that Mutty enjoyed being a talk show host. He loved debate and dialogue, and seemed to really perk up when someone called in and started out with a negative comment. … Continue reading
I had heard about a new, popular dance hall song with particularly offensive lyrics, but only went in search of it on the Internet after seeing this letter in the Gleaner. http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20120208/letters/letters2.html#.TzJjci-Rzk4.facebook This … Continue reading
I was a little startled to see the suggestion in the Gleaner that Eric Donaldson’s iconic festival song “Land of my Birth” be named as the Jamaica 50 song. Why? BECAUSE WE ALREADY HAVE A JAMAICA 50 SONG!!!!! http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20111204/ent/ent7.html In … Continue reading